Friday, December 19, 2008

Positive impacts of the "Shitty First Draft"

Don't you like writing? No. WRITING takes a lot of time, and the results are horrible most of the time. However, I was glad that my professor introduced me the SHITTY FIRST DRAFT. Therefore, it makes me feel comfortable and easy to make shits on paper (not physical crap such as this, I was talking about spiritual crap).


Thanks to the computer and searching technologies, I can save my ideas on computer at anytime for unlimited length. Now, I save it in Evernote and Zoundry Raven.


To make the writing easier and reduce the pains to writers, make the word processor window small, and enlarge the font size. This will fill up the word processor window quickly, and you will feel comfortable and confident in writing more. I did this in my Zoundry Raven, but not in my OpenOffice Writer and WPS (English name: Kingsoft Writer). However, I use double space for English writings and Text Grid for Chinese writings, and both ways make the screen much easier to be filled quickly. Also, I have to invest more energy in the words I entered since the number of words is limited in these modes.


In a word, this makes making the shitty draft easier.


P.S. The sources of the Shitty First Draft can be found in here and here.

No comments: