Sunday, August 12, 2007

The fancy movie: The Lord of The Rings

I downloaded and watched this fancy movie in this weekend. Although this is probably a science fiction movie, I still think the pace of the plot is too slow. It should be faster, at least as fast as Arnold Schwarzenegger (His last name is really hard to spell. Let me do it again, Arnold Schwarzenegger).

I can watch the good movies in recent years according to this speed.

However, I realized that I do not need to download so many movies because the online version is available in many video websites-of course, I mean the mainland websites. Since the property protection laws are not strictly followed, pirated products can always find their place to live. And, the question is: it is good? To the sellers and us, it is good, because they can make money from selling these products, and we can get the latest movies, musics, and games for the least payment. Contrary to this, it is very bad to copyright holders. They invested so much money, spent so long a time on the programs, but almost lose their business just because of the piracy. Furthermore, the piracy is harmful to our nation's business potential in the long-run, although it satisfies the short-term demand and supply, and benefits both the sales part and the purchase part. This is a hard issue. Anyway, being pressed by the U.S., our government is moving forward to follow the copyright protection laws strictly, the purchase of the Microsoft Windows operating system is the evidence.

One more feeling. We can see online movies on our websites, but we cannot see them on the websites in other countries or regions simply because they have strict copyright protection laws.

PS: I like surfing on the wikipedia for the detail of everything. Recently, I will search it for the issue of understanding English, I think that consists of the origin of English language, the people who speak English, the region it is used, and the branches of this language. That should be funny. Also, that is helpful to establish my fast reading skills since I need them badly-maybe for all the days I stay in America.

No comments: