Saturday, June 02, 2007

Finally, got the correct way to pay the credit card bill

Bank of America Logo

I do not know how the credit card bills are paid. I just know that I can use a credit card to buy things. Does that sound strange?





Today, I asked one of my roommates, and she told me that I can pay the amount due either by check or by cash. If I pay by check, just write a check and mail it in the envelope provided by the bill statement. That is the business reply mail, so, I do not have to use stamp on it. If I pay by cash. Well, that is the most simple one. Just go to there bank center (or office) and pay the amount by cash. It is indeed similar to the cell phone fee payment in China. I think most of Chinese cell phone users (even fixed line phone uses) pay their bills in this way. Some choose to make deposits prior to the billing period, some choose to pay as the bill is generated. Anyway, this is the most simple way to pay the credit card bill.







It is really interesting to have a credit card.



In addition, the process of choosing a credit card is also interesting. I was surprised when I see the APR that I chose in the first time, because the purchasing APR is 19.24%, which is apparently high comparing to other credit cards. I asked my uncle about this issue. He replied that I do not need to have more than one credit card, because that is unnecessary since my purchases are focused on grocery purpose, and the stores I visit are mostly supermarkets. Therefore, keeping Bank of America credit card is ok.



One more thing. The APR just applies on unpaid amount, which is mentioned as "balance". If one always pays full amount, there will be no "balance", and therefore, the APR does not apply to this guy.





Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: