Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Print Envelope in OpenOffice Writer 在OpenOffice Writer中打印信封

OpenOffice.org is a wonderful subsitute for MS Word. The following is a substitute for the envelope-printing function in MS Word.



  1. Start a new document in OOo Writer

  2. Select "Insert"

  3. Select "Envelope". In the dialogue window, there are three tabs: Envelope, Format, and Printer.

  4. In "Envelope" tab, enter the sender and addressee address info

  5. In "Format" tab, choose envelope size in "Size"---->"Format". The envelopes I bought are "Env. 10".

  6. In "Printer" tab, select the way the envelope will be inserted. I chose the far-right one. Since my printer requires envelopes to be inserted face down, I should choose "Print from bottom". The envelope icons in the top of this tab stand for the actual sizes of the envelope. Left side icons tend to be larger, and right side icons tend to be smaller.

  7. Insert the envelope in the printer.

  8. Print.


I am glad that I found the correct way to print envelope in OpenOffice Writer since I do not use Microsoft Word-no matter which edition it is. I was trying to live without Microsoft Office Suite. So far, the evidence showed that my idea is feasible. Although there were some minor inconveniences, it does not affect the functions too much. User habits can be changed.


Powered by Zoundry Raven

No comments: